What to Expect At Your Appointment
As we gradually welcome our valued and dearly missed clients back to the clinic, we’d like to take a moment and inform you of the enhancements that we’ve made to our practice for everyone’s safety. Please take a moment and read over our new protocol prior to your appointment so that nothing comes as a surprise at your first visit back.
You will notice some changes to our booking practices when you call to schedule an appointment:
- In order to follow physical distancing guidelines and enhanced cleaning protocols from Public Health and meet capacity limits, we are staggering appointment times.
- We have standardized all our treatment times to 60 minutes.
- Despite the extraordinary precautions that we are taking, interacting with other people involves some risk of COVID-19 transmission. Knowing this, some of our RMTs have made the personal decision not to return to work just yet. We respect their decision and will welcome them back to the clinic when they feel ready to return to practice.
- It’s important that we know how you are feeling. You will be pre-screened by our reception team for your risk of COVID-19 at the time of booking. You will receive a follow-up online questionnaire 12 hours prior to your appointment, and a formal screening with your RMT at the time of your appointment.
- Due to the required health pre-screening, we’re only accepting telephone bookings at this time and hope to re-open our online system soon.
- Please be patient with us. We will do our best to accommodate all appointment requests in time. Initially, we will be prioritizing essential cases and those whose appointments were cancelled during our closure.
When You Arrive
We are required to control the flow of traffic in and out of the clinic for everyone’s safety. You will notice some changes to our routine:
- Only clients with scheduled appointments will be allowed to enter the clinic. We will not be accepting walk-ins.
- Clients are required to wear a mask or face covering for the duration of their visit.
- Masks will be available for sale at reception for $2.
- We ask that you arrive promptly and wait in your car until the start of your appointment time. Our front door will remain locked. Please refrain from knocking and wait on the marked area at the bottom of the stairs. Your RMT will open the door and greet you at the start of your appointment time.
- Now, more than ever, please be punctual! In the past, when a client was late, we did our best to accommodate their full booking time. Moving forward, we will have to shorten your treatment time if you are tardy and you will be charged for the full appointment.
- You will be required to sanitize your hands when you enter the clinic.
- Your RMT will take your temperature upon entering the clinic. Should your temperature read 37.5 degrees or more, we will ask you to delay your visit.
- We recommend using the washroom at home before your appointment to minimize traffic in the common areas of the clinic for everyone’s safety.
Your Massage Therapy Treatment
While our policies and procedures may be changing, one thing that remains the same is our commitment to your care and the highest standards of practice.
- Effective June 2020, a 60-minute massage therapy treatment will be priced at $111 plus HST.
- Your RMT will repeat the COVID-19 screening questions with you and assess the risk versus benefits of receiving massage therapy treatment.
- You are required to wear a mask during your massage therapy treatment. If you have concerns, please speak with your therapist.
- Your RMT will also be wearing a mask and possibly other forms of PPE.
After Your Treatment
- Please wait in your treatment room for your therapist. Your RMT will direct you to the reception desk to help promote physical distancing.
- Your payment will be processed in paper-less form through contactless tap.
- You will have the option of receiving your POS receipt through text or email.
- Your insurance receipt will be emailed to you.
- You will be asked to exit the clinic through the back door and use the hand sanitizer as you leave.
What You Can Expect From Us
In addition to the guidelines provided by Public Health, there are standards of practice set out for us by our governing body, the CMTO, that we take very seriously.
- We will greet you upon arrival with a big smile rather than a hug or handshake.
- Extra time will be blocked off after each client so that our linens, blankets, and pillows can be changed and cleaned.
- Our treatment rooms will be completely cleaned and disinfected between each appointment.
- We have installed UV and HEPA filters in our treatment rooms.
- Common areas will be cleaned and disinfected regularly.
- Our staff will be screened for their risk of COVID-19 before each shift and will stay home if they are experiencing any symptoms of illness.
- For the time being, we are changing our cancellation policy. If you are experiencing any symptoms of illness, you will not be charged for cancelling your appointment within 24 hours. We just ask that you provide us with as much notice as possible.
- Should you miss your appointment without providing us any notice, you will be charged a fee of $60 plus HST.
Although we are taking serious precautions, please be aware that massage therapy involves some risk of COVID-19 transmission.
We are grateful to be in the position to return to practice and continue to serve our loyal community. We’re all in this together and we look forward to seeing you all again soon!
~ Helen, Lisa, and BSRMT team